Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall(in)

Fall Fun!

Last Sunday, I took Ezri to Pumpkinfest near New Ulm with my sister and her boys. I know she's still too young to really enjoy this stuff, but I love taking her places and starting new traditions with her. My nephews (ages 5 & 3) had a blast. They went on a train ride and loved picking out the perfect pumpkins! It was crazy busy, but the weather was great and (bonus!) Culver's had their frozen custard desert bar there! Yum. You all know how crazy I am for ice cream :) Here's a couple pictures from the day...





Kurt carved one of our pumpkins a few nights ago, but unfortunately, it's already collapsing in on itself. We'll wait until it gets closer to Halloween to carve the others.

We also got some (more, I know) family pictures taken last week. The leaves were in perfect color, and our amazing photographer friend (www.lmbphotog.com) got some great shots. We've only seen a sneak peak so far, but I know I'm going to have a tough time deciding what to order.

I'm preparing for my first trip away from Ezri without Kurt. We left her with my parents for the weekend back in June, but Kurt was with me and I was distracted by an amazing wedding and visiting old friends, so it went pretty quick. This time, I'm going alone for a work conference. I'm terrified that I'll be a blubbering mess the whole way to the airport. And I'll probably cry myself to sleep too! I really didn't think I'd be this kind of mom before I had kids. But here I am, having a panic attack about leaving my almost-1-year-old daughter with her dad for two nights. I know she'll be fine, although Kurt seems nervous about being her sole caregiver for three days. Maybe it would be easier if I was going somewhere more desirable. Don't get me wrong, I love Chicago. But this is my fourth time going and my good friend Gina (who lives there) will be out of the country while I'm there. So nothing for me to look forward to really. Then factor in the whole lugging a breast pump through airport security (I've read horror stories involving TSA agents) and I'm really dreading it. Here's hoping I can get through it with a smile....wish me luck!!

.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment