Thursday, September 27, 2012

My First Love

It's been almost two years since I've been to a concert. Far too long. I've forgotten how much I miss live music. Something about feeling the vibrations and the whole atmosphere that soothes me. I love being in the presence of others who are just as passionate about the band as I am. That doesn't happen to me here in Springfield. People like music here, sure, but its more of a love for Katy Perry or Blake Shelton. Soooo not my thing!!

I didn't make it to any shows last year. Guess I was too busy planning for Ezri's arrival to get to any. But I'm making up for it now! Last week, I saw Trampled by Turtles with my husband and brother. They're a Minnesota band I've always loved! I love local music :) Plus it was an outdoor show and the weather couldn't have been better. Bonus!

Last Thursday, I made the trip to Minneapolis with a couple friends to see Silversun Pickups, Atlas Genius, and School of Seven Bells. They all put on an amazing show!! God I love them. I'm so glad they made a stop in MN. Silversun Pickups was missing one of their key members (Nikki had her last show the week before. She's very pregnant right now, so we all understand!!) but you wouldn't know it. Her replacement was great. And I even scored Ezri a SSPU onesie! I know it's a little weird, but "Lazy Eye" totally reminds me if her. I think it was on the playlist I made for her birth and that one just stuck.

Music truly is my first love. The right song can instantly change my mood. I so wish I had any time of musical talent. Now if only I could figure out a way to make a career out of this passion of mine....maybe as a photo editor for a record label? Rolling Stone? Any ideas???

Here's a few shots from the shows:

No comments:

Post a Comment