Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Background Noise {a bit about my chaos}

I (brittany) am a wife (of six years, to kurt), a mother (to the most beautiful baby girl in the world, ezri), and a photo editor (by day). Other roles I play are daughter, sister, financial planner, IT support, photographer, designer, promoter, advocate, runner (jogger might be more accurate), granddaughter. I have a deep love for all things musical. I'd love to make a career out of it someday, but I haven't quite figured out how to do that in my little Hamlet of a town. My husband and I moved back to our hometown (population: 2,100) after earning our Bachelor's degrees back in 2006. I do miss living in a somewhat larger city, but for now being close to family is our priority. I want me to daughter to grow up knowing her grandparents, and it's certainly an advantage to have trustworthy babysitters and daycare providers nearby!

.

Ahhhh, Ezri. I know every new mother says this, but I had no idea I could love someone so much. I don't even miss sleep that much. Well I do, but I miss time away from her so much more. Plus, she's such a little ray of sunshine at 6am I can't really be mad at her! I couldn't have asked for an easier pregnancy and delivery, other than the MRSA (more on that later) I contracted at the Hospital. And of course the whole billing/insurance process, which I'm now 10 months into and still can't make sense of. Again, more on that later. I always said that if my body handled pregnancy well, I'd love to be a surrogate for a couple. I looked into this further a few weeks ago, but they require potentional surrogates to be done breastfeeding. I also asked around a few message boards and all the others that have been through the process have suggesting waiting until I am sure I'm doing having kids. I think we may want to have at least one more, so this dream is at least a few years off. It's always in the back of my mind though!


.

I'm extremely passionate about everything in my life (see note above referencing music!). Politcally, I support Gay Marriage, Health Care Reform, and Planned Parenthood to name just a few of my views. Sometimes, I really wish I didn't feel so strongly about such things, especially living where we do. I'm fairly certain I am the only democrat in a 30-mile radius. I also dislike people instantly when I see republican yard signs displayed in front of their houses. Sorry. Don't take it personally. And when it comes down to it, I can overlook certain political views eventually when warranted! Needless to say I have been forced to unsubscribe or block a few facebook friends over the years...

and that's me in a nutshell.

.b.


No comments:

Post a Comment